In the community
Bayport Tanzania recognises the vital importance of education. For this reason our corporate social responsibility initiatives focus on primary education and the youth. Our recent projects include:
- Bayport Tanzania launched its “Bayport books for schools” initiative in January 2012. Together with education officials, the company identified 20 schools in 20 districts to which text books are donated.
- University scholarships awarded to two students to study chemical engineering at the University of Dar es Salaam, and accounting and finance at Mzumbe University in Morogoro respectively. We also started an internship programme to afford our bursars the opportunity to gain workplace experience.
- Contribution to the renovation of the Airport Primary School in Kigoma.
- Contribution to the renovation of the Tanzanian Teachers’ Union offices in the Mbinga District.
- Sponsorship of the Kinondoni District Primary Schools Athletics Competition. We also sponsored a one-day workshop for 150 primary school teachers from the same district.